KIBWORTH GRAMMAR SCHOOL HALL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF TRUSTEES HELD ON WEDNESDAY 13TH NOVEMBER 2019
1) Present – Joan Fillingham (chair) (JF), Wayne Coleman (WC), Andrew Dawes (AD), Pat Malpass (PM), John Tillotson (JT) Dave Birch (Minuting Secretary) (DB).
2) Apologies for absence – Shona Atkin, Ed Burgess, Ryan Greer, Mark Newcombe, Paul Scourfield, Martyn Wyburn.
3) Minutes of the trustee meeting held on 25th September were approved.
4) Matters arising
a) Squirrels and birds in roof – JF reported that they have been sighted again by the pest control officer but have apparently caused no damage.
b) Steps near boilerhouse – Raymund the Handyman has been delayed by inclement weather but action promised for 25th November.
c) Drug dealing in carpark – JF has reported this to community policeman.
d) Burning smell and stage lighting – an inspection is still to be made by the company ‘Upstage’. Claire Gibbins (LMT rep.) is liaison with Upstage. AD would also contact Upstage as the proprietor is known to him and, while he is at it, AD would enquire as to the cost of purchase and installation of a projection screen.
5) Treasurer’s report – JF reported that there was £22,000 in the current account and £15,105 in the savings account. There was £6,647 remaining from the Betty Ward Charity grant.
6) Letting of offices – both KB and KH parish councils are interested in having a room to serve as parish office – details of usage and rental still to be determined.
JF reported that there had been an enquiry about hiring the ‘top office’ but this had come to nothing.
7) Toilet refurbishment – new taps, plug holes and plugs had been fitted on the washbasins and new toilet seats had been installed. It was felt that the toilets could now benefit from redecoration.
8) Betty Ward presentation – WC had obtained quotations for a commemorative plaque from Jim Watts Signs of Market Harborough – they were £78 + VAT for an acrylic plaque and £180 + VAT for a brass plaque. It was agreed that a brass plaque would be preferable and WC to go ahead and order. The provisional time and date for unveiling the plaque and accompanying reception is 6.30pm on January 31st. Trustees of the Betty Ward charity, KGSH staff and trustees, KBPC and KHPC would be invited.
9) Any other business
a) Old curtains – JF felt that the old curtains from the main hall must be ‘of some use to somebody’. She would contact Rural Community Council and charity shops and would advertise them in the Kibworth Chronicle. She would also ask Kelly to advertise them on Facebook. They would of course be free to take away.
b) With use of the possible new projector screen in mind, JF wondered about the possibility of running film shows in the hall. She was aware that shows were being held in the Village Hall and wouldn’t want to compete with them – she would contact Village Hall Committee to see how the land lies.
c) Sound system in main hall – JF had had reports of its inadequacy. AD said the problem was with the microphones. AD would obtain a catalogue which included microphones to Kelly – and thence to JF.
d) JF concerned about the suitability of the window panes in the fire door at the end of the top corridor. All other fire doors but that one have wired window panes – were they preferable? AD would explore this.
e) JF reported that AD was about to replace 4 panes in the Lounge windows.
Date of next meeting – Wednesday 22nd January.
The meeting closed at 8.00 pm.