KIBWORTH GRAMMAR SCHOOL HALL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF TRUSTEES HELD ON WEDNESDAY 24th JANUARY 2018
1) Present – Joan Fillingham (chair) (JF), Philip Bothwell (PB), Ed Burgess (EB),Pat Copson (PC), Clive Huntley (CH), Pat Malpass(PM), Dave Birch (Minuting Secretary) (DB).
2) Apologies for absence – there were none.
3) Shona Atkin was welcomed to the meeting as a potential new trustee.
4) The minutes of the meeting held on September 27th 2017 were accepted as a true record.
5) Matters arising from those minutes:
3a)Paul Stone from Affinity had still not been in contact and JF to contact him as a matter of urgency.
3g)DB had still to contact Kelly to ask her to put Harborough Building Society logo on the Hall’s Facebook page. DB contacted Kelly on 27.01.18.
3d) The end of the new fence has been damaged – JF to liaise with Dr.Higgins and ‘Bob’s Fencing’ regarding repair.
3f)CH was now nearing completion of the required work following the Fire Safety assessment. CH to ensure that the work would be completed within the next 6 weeks.
As part of this work, a new sounder alarm for the Studio needs to be purchased and fitted at a cost of around £150. JF to arrange for this work to be done.
5)New switches have been fitted by Blade Electrics and a bill was awaited.
7)Publicity posters – JF hadn’t been able to progress this since last meeting but would do so over the next 6 weeks.
8)Gutter clearing and painting. JF had received a quotation for this work which was well in excess of the quotation of £100 per day to complete the work by Howard Pickering. JF to contact Howard Pickering to ask him to complete the work.
6) Treasurer’s report – JF reported the preparation of the 2017 Balance Sheet for the Charity Commission had been very expensive at £800. James Ireland would contact the Charity Commission to see if a more ‘basic’ and therefore less costly balance sheet could be prepared in future.
JF reported that between January 1st 2017 and December 31sth 2017, income had exceeded expenditure by £2479, that there was £16000 in the current account and £15,700 in the savings account
7) Further building maintenance work:
a)black marks on walls, apparently caused by rubber soled shoes, were proving very difficult for Kelly and Allison to remove. If a suitable stain remover can’t be found, repainting will be required.
b)kitchen ceiling – this needs smoothing and repainting – JF to seek quotations for this work.
c)radiator leak – there was a leak from the radiator in the disabled toilet – JF to ask Hardy and Price to fix this.
d)trolley wheels – Andrew Dawes had promised to fix these but hadn’t – JF to ensure that he fulfilled his promise in the very near future.
8) Any other business: a request had been received from Kibworth U3A that a defibrillator be fitted at the hall. JF had contacted East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) about the advisability of this. EMAS explained that they felt that there should be a defibrillator within 500metres of everyone in the village and that there was already a defibrillator at the Co-op, which is within 500ms of the Hall, so their view was that one was not required. A discussion followed on where might be a better location for an extra defibrillator for the village. It was agreed that the Village Hall would be a far better location as it was central and more than 500ms from the nearest defibrillator. PB had knowledge of funding for a defibrillator in Kibworth Harcourt and would liaise with Kevin Feltham with a view to furthering this suggestion.
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.15pm.
9) Date of next meeting – Wednesday 28th February. The Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 11th April.